Job Opportunity for Youth: Sales and Business Development Representative
About the Job
The Sales and Business Development Rep will be responsible for assisting both the editorial and marketing teams with inbound and outbound sales for the company’s book titles. Working under the direction of the Publisher and the Marketing Manager, the Sales and Business Development Rep will be assigned to identifying and contacting potential clients, maintaining customer relationships, and fulfilling book orders. Candidates should have an interest in the publishing industry. General understanding of the Newfoundland and Labrador book market is a plus, but not required.
Temporary. This is an eight (8) week position at 30 hours per week for eligible youth (ages 15-30) for summer employment. The hourly rate is $15.00. Funded by the Government of Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs program.
- Microsoft Office Suite (In particular Word and Excel)
- Gmail (or another email program)
- Social media experience (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), and facility with Wikipedia
- Customer relations experience
- Clear, grammatical writing
- Research skills
- Strong interpersonal communication
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Professional Conduct
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and written
Duties may include:
- Office basics: filing, note-taking, typing, data entry, postage account use, scanning, sending and receiving packages and documents.
- Working on social media promotional campaigns, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Current and potential client outreach.
- Attending sales meetings and making follow-up phone calls.
- Providing customer support.
- Writing emails, preparing marketing materials for correspondence.
- Contributing to e-newsletters and updating the company’s website.
- Copyediting, proofreading, and sourcing images for online use.
Apply by emailing email@example.com with a cover letter and resume.