Job Opportunity for Youth: Sales and Marketing Assistant
The Sales and Marketing Assistant will be responsible for assisting both the editorial and marketing teams with promotional campaigns for the company’s book titles. Working under the direction of the Publisher and the Marketing Director, the Sales and Marketing Assistant will be assigned to online initiatives and sales efforts directed at selected retail clients. Candidates should have an interest in the publishing industry. General understanding of the Newfoundland and Labrador book market is a plus, but not required.
- Microsoft Office Suite (In particular Word and Excel), Adobe
- Gmail (or other email program)
- Social media experience (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), and facility with Wikipedia
- Customer relations experience
- Clear, grammatical writing
- Research skills
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Professional Conduct
- Excellent communication skills, both interpersonal and written
Duties may include:
- Office basics: filing, note taking, typing, data entry, postage account use, scanning, sending and receiving packages and documents.
- Working on social media promotional campaigns, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Attending sales meetings and making follow up phone calls.
- Providing customer support.
- Writing emails, preparing marketing materials for correspondence.
- Contributing to e-newsletters and updating the company’s website.
- Copyediting, proofreading and sourcing images for online use
Please apply with a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, July 31 at 5:00 pm.
This is an eight (8) week position at 30 hours per week for eligible youth (ages 15-30) for summer employment. The hourly rate is $15.00. Funded by the Government of Canada’s Canada Summer Jobs program. While we appreciate all interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.